It’s Sunday and what’s better on a Sunday than a hearty meal?
Decided to make an easy chicken and olive casserole made with a lovely tomato base and fresh herbs to really tie it all together.
The key is too cook it slowly so all the flavours can come together. I cooked it for about two hours.
* 8 chicken pieces
* 5 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
* 25 to 30 olives
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 tomatoes, diced
* 2 cups chicken stock
* 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
* 2 tbsp. fresh thyme, minced
* 2 tbsp. fresh basil, minced
* 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
* olive oil
* Sea salt and black pepper
* Preheat your oven to 180 C
* Season each chicken piece with salt and black pepper (I also used Robertsons chicken spice)
* Add olive oil to your sauce pan at a medium heat
* Brown the chicken pieces for about 2 minutes on each side.
* Add the tomatoes, olives, chicken stock, rosemary, and thyme. Cover with foil and place in the oven for 1 h. (If your pan isn’t oven proof. Transfer to an oven proof dish)